Life is a camera, Face it with a smile
A smile is like saying hello without any words.


Thursday 29 November 2007

Bharathanatyam

I went to my first class, with my mum dragging me along. I cried, shouted and finally succumbed, as my protests were nothin but futile. Today I turn back and hug my mum and thank her for the pressure she gave me to attend that very first class. I see so many people doing so many things, I'm glad at least I stuck to dancing. It's not like I'm brilliant at dancing. I had my second thoughts getting through the adavus. O they were horirble. But like all things, you only get the pazham after the kaay. Once we started Alarippu, I loved it. Its a mystical brilliant art form. So much can be expressed, and yet its so structured. Attending just one class makes you relax from head to toe. My worries seem to vanish. I feel so divine for just that moment. Everything is in beat. The nattuvangam, with the song, accompanied by the beat of the legs. It just makes perfect sense.

No comments: