Life is a camera, Face it with a smile
A smile is like saying hello without any words.


Saturday 26 January 2008

Annoyed

In two days, three times, people reminded me that I was in Australia, not in India. Its so irritatingly annoying. It was their lucky time, or my bad luck, I could not come up with a nice enough comeback.

Why is it, that no-one is patient these days. Just because Indian's have developed a very interesting reputation for punctuality, doesnt mean you have to remind me that I'm in australia. Australia probably has its fair share of tardy people as well. Why cant you go tell them, that "hey your in Australia!"

Their entire comment sounds stupid and more ever arrogant. Because the same people, who said these pathetic comments, were ultra sweet, about how well the job was done, and how quickly and efficiently it was completed. But no, they wont care to mention the pluses of being Indian, i.e the hard work we do. It was because of that very hard work, we were delayed at arriving at your residence on time. But that's too much of an expectation. People, will think of themselves and only themselves. There time is precious, but no-one else is of importance.

My bro tried to see sense with me. He said, come on, we were an hour late, we were at fault too. But I told him, how many times have we arrived early? or for that matter on time? People never see the positives, its always the negatives.

And I think beneath all this, it wasn't because they said we were late that annoyed me, it was more the fact the way said it. Just because we are in Australia, doesn't mean we aren't Indian anymore. You don't have to make your self superior, by claiming, we should have got australians to do the job instead. If the Australian government had thought that, you, yourself wouldn't have been here in the first place.

No comments: