Life is a camera, Face it with a smile
A smile is like saying hello without any words.


Monday 25 February 2008

Cricketers and Hotness


Various people over various stages hae commented on the hotness of cricketers. I never understood it and dismissed it as childish. Cricketers are watched for their cricket not their hotness. However sometimes you just can't help catching the hotness of some of these quite wealthy cricketers ;). hehe


A lot of people reckon Dhoni is hot. While I reckon, he sure looks better with short hair, he is not hot. His overgrown short hair made him look like a scruffy little dog. This was not helped by my cousin growing his hair, and getting the same style. Moreover seeing Simbhu withthe same look totally ruined everything. Dhoni's just a class captain with a crazy country worshipping him.


I always loved Dravid. Like Sachin fans, I always believed that Dravid would come back and play some massive shots once more. His sixes in the mumbai stadium have been rumoured to pass the roof tops. Yet I only saw his ability to remain on the ground doing nothing, in the recent test matches against Australia. But he will always be Mr. Charming. He is hot stuff, even if he can't play anymore. I suppose its his tall thin figure that roks. The same goes for Anil Kumble, who can look rocking, in some of the post match interview sessions. Sachin is just too short for hotness, and anyway, his record stands for us to worship him, regardless.


More than batsmen, I've always been a fan of good bowlers. Brett Lee for starters just buzzes the hotness scale. His smile is a killer. And his super fast bowls just make him look ever the better.


When I was young, India had someone called srinath, or somefin similar to that on their team. I loved to see him bowling, even though I had no idea of much else going on in the game.

Now with some briliant young bowlers, India is no more the batting side, but an allrounder. This change is well applauded by many, although some are critical of the youngsters. I believe otherwise. Youngsters rock the game and bring it spirit. When I first saw Sreeshant bowling in the 20.20 worldcup, I was beside myself. He was so full of spirit, call it attitude if you want, but he really tries. Although often he tried to much, and got a wide, and gave a four, the next bowl would be wicket. IT was brilliant. He's learnt to control himself better now, but I want his earlier unpredictability to return, because although ishanth sharma is tall, and an awesome bowler, taking yonks of wickets, he isn't really much eye candy.


Ok, maybe I'm weird, thinking Sreeshanth is eyecandy, but he is! He does an awesome run up before bowling, and remains loyal to his bling. Ok! ok! he doesn;t exactly look great when his face is splattered with sunscreen. But man he has attitude! Attitude with effort! Effort with faith! What more do you need in a bowler? O and he wears glasses, a rocking aspect to any cricketer! Ganguly used to wear glasses, and it made him look really smart, even though he really wasn't.


Yesterday, at the SCG, when Sreesanth came to bat with Ishanth, he was hot. Glasses, and bat and ball are really his scene. But im surprised why do batsmen choose to where glasses when they'd easily have enough money for contacts. MAybe contacts aren't that great for seeing the wicket or the bowl. Ah wait, hang on, he doesn't wear glasses to bowl, only to bat or when he's sitting idly in the changing rooms. Maybe he's short sighted.


I'm really obsessed, and I'm more surprised. Curly hair guys were never my thing. Mayb sreesanth would look even hoter with straight hair. Someone tell him to straighten his hair, just once. I saw a recent add on some Indian channel for something or other. ahh wait, yes it was for Gilette I think. I had to look twice to realise that it was Sreeshanth with Laxman. Man. Sreeshanth looks brilliant in a suit.

8 comments:

Optimistic Marshwiggle said...

bahahahaha!

lol... ok, let me pass on this comment. ;P

Lawyered said...

Disagree on the Dhoni call, he's H.O.T

I love his hair, makes me feel like scruffing it up and making it messy =]
But yeah, tall, imposing, mysteriously handsome, power, skill, passion, leadership..what more can you want?!

..oh and irfan too =]

Concerned said...

ooo Yes, I forgot Pathan. He sure is hot stuff! All these bowlers seriously rock!

Lawyered said...

i know! did you see the little video they put on every time he came out to bat?
ultimate cuteness.

but dhoni's still the hottest ;]

Concerned said...

YES! That video where he keeps looking down or around, or however he does it, is really cute!

And Re: Dhoni, I'll add to your enviousness by saying my friend met him in person. Apparently he's really friendly and (lol) hot. He's sure got skills and leadership to run a world number one team ;).

Cheers

Lawyered said...

Yeah, i talked to him for a while before day 1 of the Sydney Test match, at his training.

It took a lot to stop me ruffling his hair and telling him if i could take a picture with him.

Needless to say I was bowled over by his friendliness and hotness, haha.
Cutting his hair worked wonders for him - his hair became his personality for a while, and it made him even hotter.

He rules.

Concerned said...

Aww man! You shoulda! I'd be like hitting the roof tops if I met Sreeshanth! And I so agree, Dhoni has a lot of his personality defined by his hair! hehe.

Lawyered said...

I kind of regretted it when i didn't, but i didn't want to seem like a perve.
He's like, tall, and well built.

Sreesanth is so CUTE! His 'fro is awesome :P