Life is a camera, Face it with a smile
A smile is like saying hello without any words.


Sunday 22 May 2011

A Return to Blogging after a Pause

I was, of recent, actually, rather than on a subconscious level, appreciating the level of technology surrounding us. This occurred especially in light of the recent FB group controversy and the confusion over our private lives intermingling with our public lives.

Whilst I was on Facebook, I would have never considered myself an addict, but I immensely enjoyed spending time on it to look at photos and what not updates of 'facebook friends'. Apart from my "real" friends(people I actually met on a regular basis in real life, and new of their lives), I found my self, unconsciously, making generalisations of people based on just what they potrayed facebook. At times, it was so bad, that I would consider someone else discriminatory, for making those comments. But how often do we reflect our true selves on Facebook. Even before this question is asked, what is the point of analysing these people so meticulousy on Facebook. Was I going to employ them, was I looking for a potential partner or friend(considering most of them were meant to be my 'friend' or atleast acquaintance')? No. It is the simple nosiness that is innate in us. I found myself doing the same thing, old 'paati's' do in India, and I get so cut at them for doing so. The paati's would munch their betel leaves, and having nothing else to do with their time, would go 'avanga veetla.......intha ponnu....etc'

It's funny how generation gaps aren't really generation gaps. Are we really more modern, and fair in our perspective? I think, on reflection, its more just the same old prejudice bundled up and expressed in a different way. Oh, the beauty of technology enabling us to do this even in our uber busy lives.

No comments: