Life is a camera, Face it with a smile
A smile is like saying hello without any words.


Sunday 9 December 2007

The Smartness that Amazed me.

A little boy asked me if I knew 'what the International Date Line is?' and then went on to talk about some molonium balls, that I had no idea about. I saw the dissappointment in his eyes, when I told him that I knew about the International Date line. But being the teacher, my pride did not give way to tell him, I only knew about it 6months ago, and that many adults, wouldnt have a clue what it is. I'm glad though, that afterwards, my honour gave way to my humility, as I told him I had no idea what a molonium ball was. He proceeding to explain to me in finite details what it was. I'm sure what he said would have been absolutely right.
But then the very same boy, gets told of by another teacher for not thinking, for not listening, for not doing the given maths. The tears that came to his eyes made me feel crap. By teaching, do we teach?

No comments: